Privacy Statement & Cookies
1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND COOKIES
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We start collecting your data as soon as you enter this data or leave it on our website, you register at one of our offices, or you register, or are otherwise registered, for making use of our services.We can also collect data on you if you have posted it on public resources which might show that you are interested in work-related service provision. In that case, we will contact you to find out if you are interested in registering with us in accordance with our conditions and duly observing this Privacy statement. If you are not interested, we may process your relevant data in order to respect your wish that you do not wish to be contacted.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and process your data in order to provide our HR services which include, without limitation, intermediation, secondment, personal development and employability, payroll accounting and personnel management. More specifically, your personal data is processed in order for us:
- to be able to make you offers and/or provide you with information on the service provision and other activities, and to better attune them to your wishes and qualities; this is done by our employees and partly automatically
- to contact you for commercial offers, newsletters and promotions that may be interesting to you, but only if you have registered for this (opt-in)
- to be able to assess your suitability and availability in connection with intermediation for a permanent or temporary job or an assignment, in which regard we can also make use of test results, reference checks, social media (if relevant to the position and indicated in the text of the vacancy), etc.
- to enter into and maintain an employee or personnel/intermediation relationship with you and keep the relevant records
- to comply with our re-integration obligations and with the goal – as also imposed by the government – of helping people who have become marginalised in the labour market find employment
- to record assignments with clients in agreements with clients and to maintain and comply with such agreements with clients
- to process data on behalf of our clients for the purpose of pre-employment screening
- to promote your personal development and employability, including training, education and testing
- to achieve our management goals including management information, ensuring and/or conducting internal controls, operational safety and audits, including audits of our financial statements
- to achieve our quality goals such as certification
- to apply for subsidies, premium discounts, etc.
- if we have entered into an employee or personnel/intermediation relationship with you, to comply with legislation and regulations, including, without limitation, identification, labour legislation, tax and social security legislation, fighting fraud, and national and international sanctions legislation.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ON YOU?
We process the personal data that is necessary in order to provide our services; part of this data is required in order to be able to use our services. Supplementary data may be required in order to be able to better adjust the service provision to your wishes and qualities or to comply with more specific questions or obligations from clients. You are responsible for the correctness and relevance of the data you provide. More specifically this concerns the following - and other - personal data and documents with personal data: When registering:
- name and address details, email address and other contact details
- birth data, age, gender
- curriculum vitae (CV), information on education, traineeships and work experience
- data on training courses and study programmes and/or tests that you have attended or taken yourself or through us
- information on availability and leave • other data that is or may be important for the purpose of assessing a candidate's suitability, e.g. references and attestations
- passport photograph and video (introduction) - on a voluntary basis
When you can start to work for/are working for/have worked for Evoke:
- nationality, citizen's service number (Dutch BSN), identity document, work permit
- other data related to personnel, payroll and absence records
- we sometimes also process data for the purpose of a pre-employment screening for our clients.
Evoke only records ‘special personal data’ if this is necessary in order for Evoke to comply with its legal obligations to the extent that permission has been given for this, or if this is otherwise permitted by or under the law. ‘Special personal data’ refers to data concerning race, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, health, sex life, trade union membership, criminal convictions or offences and/or personal data about unlawful or objectionable behaviour.
WITH WHOM CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA (candidates, employees, self-employed professionals)
Evoke may transfer your personal data to its clients, subcontractors (e.g. data processors) that provide services or carry out assignments on Evoke's behalf, suppliers, government bodies and other business contacts, as well as in all other cases where we may be obliged to transfer data, e.g. by a court order or a court decision. The personal data is provided on the basis of a legitimate interest, legal obligation, and/or for performing the contract in conformity with the goals listed under “Why do we collect your personal data?”. Your personal data may be transferred outside the Netherlands. Evoke has taken the necessary measures to ensure that any personal data that is transferred will be protected appropriately.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
Our storage periods depend on the applicable statutory storage periods.
CANDIDATES (IF YOU HAVE NOT WORKED FOR EVOKE (YET))
If you have not worked for Evoke, your intermediation data (CV, work experience, education, test results etc.) will be available for a maximum of two years after the last contact. If you no longer wish to make use of our intermediation services, you can opt out on www.evokedetachering.nl. You will no longer be contacted by Evoke and Evoke will no longer provide intermediation services for you then. Your personal data will be available in a secure environment for three more calendar months (for Recruitment & Selection, this period is 24 months due to claim risks). In this secure environment, your personal data will only be available to Evoke under strict conditions in accordance with the applicable goals and time periods. When the time periods referred to above have expired, your data will be removed permanently.
IF YOU WORK OR HAVE WORKED FOR EVOKE
Your personal data will be available for a maximum of two years after the end of the employment. Certain personal data will be available to Evoke for a longer period, for example in connection with claims, audits and tax obligations. If you no longer wish to make use of our intermediation services, you can indicate this on www.evokedetachering.nl. You will no longer be contacted and Evoke will no longer provide intermediation services for you then. In this case, your personal data will be archived in a secure environment after two years. Your personal data will then only be available to Evoke under strict conditions in accordance with the applicable goals and time periods.
PERSONAL DATA OF BUSINESS CONTACTS
(contact details of employees of clients, suppliers, sellers, references and any other entity with which we have a business relationship) Evoke processes the personal data of parties involved who work for companies that we do business with (1) for making offers for and/or providing information about the service provision and other activities and (2) maintaining business relationships and (3) entering into and maintaining contracts for assignments. We process the following and other personal data of business contacts:
- names, contact details and positions of contact persons. Evoke may transfer the personal data obtained from its business contacts if this is necessary to achieve the objectives of the business contact or for intermediation purposes. This data may be transferred to applicants or candidates, business partners and subcontractors (e.g. data processors) that provide services on Evoke's behalf, as well as in all other cases where Evoke may be obliged to transfer data, e.g. by a court order or a court decision. Personal data may be transferred outside the Netherlands. Evoke has taken the necessary measures to ensure that all personal data that is transferred will be protected appropriately.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO AND/OR CHANGING DATA
for candidates, employees, self-employed professionals and business contacts: If you wish to access your total personal data that is processed, please contact your contact person at Evoke. If you wish to change any data, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to deregister, you can do so on our website www.evokedetachering.nl. You can also reach us by telephone on telephone number +31(0)495 518999. for other contacts: You have the right to access and change any personal data recorded that concerns you. In this regard, please contact your contact person at Evoke.
Evoke does it utmost to ensure an optimum level of security in order to keep your personal data safe from unlawful use. We have taken physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures for this purpose. For example: only authorised personnel can access the data. If and to the extent that data is provided to data processors who provide services or perform assignments on Evoke's behalf, Evoke has agreed with them that they will also ensure an optimum level of security to protect the personal data.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, COMPLAINTS OR SUSPECTED OR ACTUAL DATA LEAKS
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding the protection of your personal data by Evoke, please email us on email@example.com. You can also reach us by telephone on telephone number +31(0)495 518999. If you have noticed that there is an actual data leak, or if you suspect that a data leak has occurred, please report this immediately by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us by telephone on telephone number +31(0)495 518999.
Evoke may make changes, modifications or amendments to its Privacy Statement for various reasons from time to time. The Evoke website always contains the most recent Privacy Statement. This version was drawn up in May 2018.
2. COOKIES STATEMENT
You are on www.evokedetachering.nl, the website of Evoke BV.
Information collected in cookies is not linked to your name, address and/or email address. If and to the extent that cookies are used to collect personal data, such data is processed in accordance with the provisions of our Privacy Statement and this cookie statement.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHY DO WE USE THEM?
Cookies can be placed both by Evoke itself and by other parties with whom Evoke works together. A list of the types of cookies placed via the Evoke website is provided below:
Evoke places cookies that can ensure that you are logged in automatically when you next visit the website and that facilitate your use of the website (e.g. by remembering your preferred settings). Storage period: Session - 2 years
WEB STATISTICS COOKIES:
REFERENCE TO THIRD PARTIES (INCL. SOCIAL MEDIA)
This website contains links and buttons with references to third-party websites. Such websites include Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+ network services. Clicking such a link or button exits the Evoke website; the relevant third parties will then become responsible for any information recorded by means of cookies.
When visiting www.evokedetachering.nl, you agree by default that Evoke places cookies on your device.
Have you allowed cookies before and would you like to change this, or would you like to start allowing cookies?
You can use the information about cookies & on-line privacy and the possibilities of organising your cookie settings on www.youronlinechoices.eu. You can also set your browsers on all your devices such that you will no longer receive any cookies when you next visit our websites. Please refer to the help function of your web browser for instructions on how to set this.
We can change this cookie statement without prior notice. The changed version will bear the date on which the latest change was implemented. We recommend rereading this cookie statement at regular intervals so that you will be aware of any changes.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints, please email us on email@example.com. You can also reach us by telephone on telephone number +31(0)495 518999. This version of this cookie statement was drawn up in May 2018.