As a Gasflow Engineer you are responsible for specifying and delivering high level solutions for complex mechatronic systems and modules.
About this vacancy
Within D&E Applications, the group Yield Star Algorithms and Physical Modeling covers the development of models and methods required to infer physical model parameters from optical scatterometry data. Relevant new metrics, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using the raw acquisitions are identified, designed and implemented. The group secures the ASML Competency of Applied Mathematics for Parameter Estimation.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Propose solutions for statistically correct parameter inference, machine learning and optimization algorithms, and system calibrations, which improve semiconductor metrology and enable control solutions;
- Communicate clearly on the mathematical principles, algorithm solutions and physical models to stakeholders - without omitting the essentials;
- Design and realize fully functional proof-of-concept subsystems on the edge of system specifications, costs and project planning, thereby contributing directly to products for B2B customers world-wide;
- Review technical analyses from the team, and structure team contributions keeping the overview;
- Consolidate technical-team identity in communication with other departments;
- Interfacing with the Research and On-Product Applications groups, while developing the best metrology solutions and a well-founded vision on semiconductor metrology;
- Contribute to technical product roadmaps and generate intellectual property protecting ASML products;
- Working as a team with similar-minded people, benefitting from each other's specific competences.
- Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Applied Mathematics;
- Excellence in numerically stable modeling, optimization algorithms, and code development;
- Experience in machine-learning techniques, in developing local and global optimization algorithms, and in applying them to physical problems;
- Strong expertise in design for manufacturability, stochastic programming and robust optimization;
- Ability to explain complex physical models and algorithms in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials;
- Understanding of the fundamentals such as linear algebra, probability theory, (non-)parametric Bayesian and (deep) learning methods;
- The ability to come up with creative solutions - within the bigger picture - with the product and customer in mind;
- Decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment;
- Team player;
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with a focus on results and a ‘can do’ spirit.
What we offer
Evoke centers you. When you join Evoke you become one of our colleagues. Your personal development is paramount, both within your career and beyond. To further expand your knowledge Evoke offers different training opportunities. In addition we provide you with personal guidance by one of our Relation Managers during your career. Someone who knows you, your wishes and your ambitions but also knows the business. Good primary and secondary working conditions are normal to us. A fixed market-based salary, favorable pension scheme and collective discount on individual insurances are part of these conditions. In addition Evoke offers her employees various benefits with regard to sport. Evoke therefore provides you with new energy within your job and beyond!