The embedded software engineer will be positioned in the electronics engineering department, responsible for e.g. embedded software and will be working in a central multidisciplinary Engineering team.
About this vacancy
The mission of the SISE / Service Innovation Engineer is to enable and optimize serviceability for our products and solutions. This is done by providing input in different phases of design and development and by contributing to innovative serviceability solutions based on the understanding of the needs of our customers and end users in the field. You are responsible for:
- Analyse and understand the serviceability requirements and ensure they are covered during the design and development of new and released products and solutions;
- Perform analysis of structural issues related to the products and solutions and identify opportunities to improve serviceability;
- Participate in design and development projects to represent the service point of view; to consult the team on service related issues, investigate the implication of new technology on the service processes, translate this into business impact and defend this in the project team;
- Improve and secure the serviceability of released products and sub products by representing the service organization in the development process;
- Assess new designed products on their serviceability based upon the defined service requirements. Advises development how to realize an optimal serviceability of the component;
- Create a SI project plan for a (sub-) product and align with the key stakeholders on deliverables and milestones;
- Create overall test design including test cases for verification and validation of service functionalities in the product and the overall serviceability of the product;
- Defines, creates and publishes the required spare parts for the specific product as well as the service deliverable package (documentation and e-information);
- Solves sub-system/component related technical customer complains that are escalated by the 3rd line helpdesk if they could not be solved (4th line support);
- Improves the service deliverable package of the applicable sub systems/component based on field feedback;
- Participates in improvement projects on reliability/serviceability of the applicable sub-systems components;
- Prepare and transfer information to the Philips Healthcare training centre and the Customer Services Helpdesk;
- Work according to, and help improve upon our Quality Management System.
You will be a part of the Image Guided Therapy Systems - Customer Services - Service Innovation team.
The Business Unit ‘Image Guided Therapy Systems’ (IGT-Systems) is responsible for the Marketing, Development, Manufacturing, and Service of X-ray systems (including the Quality & Regulatory aspects), in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis, intervention (e.g. balloon angioplasty and stent procedures), and surgery. Customers are interventional specialists operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
Within IGT-Systems, Customer Services is responsible for handing over IGT-Systems products that can be installed, maintained, repaired, and upgraded in the field with minimal costs on material and labor, resulting in minimal downtime for our customers. In the end, this serviceability provides a more cost efficient Service process, higher Service revenue, and an increase in our customer satisfaction.
Customer Services (CS) translates the Service business strategies and future customer needs into product specific Service requirements and (new) Service products for our customers, during the whole system lifecycle. CS also monitors customer feedback on products and processes in the field during and after product release, to realize optimal customer satisfaction.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- A Bachelor degree or higher (HBO-education) in a technical competence, e.g. Mechanics, Electronics, Bio Medicals;
- At least 3-5 years working experience;
- Experience with Design for Serviceability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Experience working with Customer Service Organizations;
- Cross-functional collaboration (with multiple disciplines);
- Project Management skills;
- Working with R&D;
- Working in a state-of-art, high-tech environment;
- Affinity with Technical Documentation and tools;
- Experience with analysing and understanding (End) Customer needs;
- Experience with Medical Device Industry and its regulation(s);
- Knowledge of Lean Methodologies and Continuous Improvement.
- Team player, self-starting, persistent, result driven, "can-do-will-do" mentality, and creative;
- Has a flexible attitude, able to adapt to a dynamic environment;
- Is able to convince peers and stakeholders (based on data driven facts and figures);
- Has a strong drive to achieve challenging, but realistic targets;
- Is used to deliver on commitment;
- Ability to synthesize roadmap and portfolio dynamics; comfortable with making trade-offs;
- Strong influencing skills, stakeholder management.
What we offer
Evoke centers you. When you join Evoke you become one of our colleagues. Your personal development is paramount, both within your career and beyond. To further expand your knowledge Evoke offers different training opportunities. In addition we provide you with personal guidance by one of our Relation Managers during your career. Someone who knows you, your wishes and your ambitions but also knows the business. Good primary and secondary working conditions are normal to us. A fixed market-based salary, favorable pension scheme and collective discount on individual insurances are part of these conditions. In addition Evoke offers her employees various benefits with regard to sport. Evoke therefore provides you with new energy within your job and beyond!